Thursday, January 14, 2016

Out of my mind.

In the book Out of my mind by Sharon M. Draper the one problem is that the girl melody has this sort of problem she has to deal with her whole life. She has a photographic memory. She can't talk,walk, write, feed her self or any of those things. She's like the smartest one in her school but no one knows that, even teachers and students think she's not capable of learning when really she is. I really don't like that because you're supposed to help the students try to be successful no matter what and even when the teachers think you aren't very capable of learning, what does that prove to melody. Been the doctors can't really "fix" melody or even try to understand her. In the text it states, " None of them can fix me, so I usually ignore them and act like the retard person they think I am." I really like how she said this because it's like she's saying since they can't help me, why should I try to cooperate with them when all they think is that I'm a retard. I just really love how that was said. This also showed that even the people that can help her, they don't because they think she's a "retard" I'm her own word.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to read that book I meant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a really great book.

      Delete
  2. I really want to read that book I meant!!!!

    ReplyDelete